Sunday 24 June 2012

DIY bench makeover


I found this awesome pine bench on Craigslist for $50 and originally planned to transform it into a linen chest for my bedroom. But when I picked it up, the hubby and I realized it would look kinda awkward where I wanted it to go. So I figured I'd paint it first and then figure it out.

The before:


The in-between:


The after:


I sanded it just to get rid of the glossiness, then painted it with two coats of Behr ultra premium paint in semi-gloss (the colour is custom as I brought them a sample, but it's a stunning teal/aquamarine). Then, my best friend who happens to be an interior designer (Erica from House of Design), threw two of my existing pillows from my family room to finish the look (purchased from Etsy). I'm so happy with how it turned out. My next project is a toy chest for Nathan, my 11 week old. I got it off youbidlocal which does estate and content sales online in my area. It's pure cedar and I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it. Here's a preview of the before:


Stay tuned for that project!

Monica

--Create something--


No comments:

Post a Comment